Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Accessing Form4797 Part IV on p.2

My business use of car fell below 50%. I am supposed to calculate recapture of car depreciaton.

Instructions: "You will see two versions of Form 4797, page 2 on the menu. You must use the one labeled "Enterable 4797, page 2." This version is designed for manual entries."  That one is not available, only the (fully calculated) one. How do I access the manual Form 4797?

Also, how to get a Ttax support ID?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Yes, the answers to both questions follow.

1. The 'Contact Us' page currently provides a number to call at the moment.  You can always check back periodically for a link to obtain the Support ID.
  2. As indicated by @CatinaT1 the Instructions for Form 4797 provide the details on where to transfer the number from line 35.  They are placed below for your convenience. 
    • Line 35:  Subtract line 34 from line 33 and enter the recapture amount as “other incomeon the same form or schedule on which you took the deduction. For example, if you took the deduction on Schedule C (Form 1040), report the recapture amount as other income on Schedule C (Form 1040). 

Note. If you filed Schedule C or F (Form 1040) and the property was used in both your trade or business and for the production of income, the portion of the recapture amount attributable to your trade or business is subject to self-employment tax. Allocate the amount on line 35 to the appropriate schedules.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The number to call as shown on the Contact Us page is printed below for you.

• 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This calculation is not supported in TurboTax.

IRS instructions for Form 4797 can be found here and the form is here. You will need to manually fill out the form and paper file your return.

Here is information on getting a TurboTax Support ID.

I got partial answer. No reply on how to get the support ID needed to use the phone number given.

Also, no reply as to on what form/line in TTax Premier to carry over the result from Form 4797, line 35 (recapture amount).  CatinaT1 seems knowledgeable. Surely she or another TTax employee can help with that latter question.

Thanks, CMA

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Yes, the answers to both questions follow.

1. The 'Contact Us' page currently provides a number to call at the moment.  You can always check back periodically for a link to obtain the Support ID.
  2. As indicated by @CatinaT1 the Instructions for Form 4797 provide the details on where to transfer the number from line 35.  They are placed below for your convenience. 
    • Line 35:  Subtract line 34 from line 33 and enter the recapture amount as “other incomeon the same form or schedule on which you took the deduction. For example, if you took the deduction on Schedule C (Form 1040), report the recapture amount as other income on Schedule C (Form 1040). 

Note. If you filed Schedule C or F (Form 1040) and the property was used in both your trade or business and for the production of income, the portion of the recapture amount attributable to your trade or business is subject to self-employment tax. Allocate the amount on line 35 to the appropriate schedules.

Thanks for the excellent reply on Form 4797. However, I still don't have a Ttax ID or phone # to call and would appreciate help with that.

cma

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The number to call as shown on the Contact Us page is printed below for you.

• 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Thank you, Diane. When one calls that number, one is asked to key in one's Ttax ID. That's the problem.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Your Tax ID number is your Social Security number (SSN) or if not eligible for that  number,  then it is the Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) issued by the IRS.

I was not asking about my tax ID but about my Turbo Tax ID so that I can call the contact number. Same question that no one has yet answered: how to get a Turbo Tax service ID?

There is no such thing as a TurboTax service ID.  The only TurboTax ID that you have is your User ID that you use to access your TurboTax account.

Unless you are referring to a TurboTax incident number that is used by TurboTax support to identify the user problem in the TurboTax systems.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies