turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alexes
Returning Member

print

I am not here to complain about how horrific turbotax is but to ask for help and I am doing everything in my power to keep my escalating anger at bay.

I paid $97.99 for turbotax online self employed tax year 2019 prep and I am almost done and would like to either look, save or print the documents now.  It appears that I have to pay $50 for New York State to do that. I will pay $50 when I'm ready to file NY. Heck, I'll pay another $50 to file the federal too, but right now I just want a comprehensive view and I cannot figure out why this is a problem since I paid for it.  I have called and spoken with 2 different reps and they were not able to help me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

print

To not pay for state you have to delete it. You can add it in again later.  You can try to delete the state,   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

print

Sounds like you paid for the Self-Employed online edition at $90 with some state taxes added.  Since you have added a state return, the state tax program to the best of my knowledge also has to be paid for before you can print the return.  The state program is an additional $50.

Here is now to pay the TurboTax account fees still owed without filing the tax return at this time -

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2019 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

Once the fees are paid you should be able to print and/or view the tax return. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.   If you also want any of the worksheets at this time click on the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

print

If that doesn't work you can ask them for the Desktop program and download the .tax2019 file from online and continue in the Desktop program.  And then state is only 24.99 to efile.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies