adamkoetsch

Will my tax return come in pieces or will it be a lump sum?

I am receiving a deposit in my bank account of $480 in a couple days. The sum is not from my workplace, and it would only be quarter on my tax return total.

Marketstar

Generally, your refund will be a lump sum.

Since TurboTax has no way of knowing why the IRS reduced your refund (if your $480 is your refund), you will receive a letter of explanation from the IRS within 30 days or so.

It is possible that the reduction could have been due to a refund offset to pay a debt such as an outstanding student loan, past due state taxes, or past due child support-or perhaps a simple calculation error.

Marketstar