turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ccpillow
Returning Member

Will I receive a tax form for a surrendered annuity account if the check shows taxes were withheld? The account had a $507 balance and surrendered after age 59.5.

A confirmation notice came with the check when I closed out the annuity.  It showed the amount of federal and state taxes withheld from the payment. Should I receive a tax form from the company?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Will I receive a tax form for a surrendered annuity account if the check shows taxes were withheld? The account had a $507 balance and surrendered after age 59.5.

If taxes were withheld, the annuity company is required to send you a Form 1099-R reporting the distribution and tax withholding.  The company has until January 31 to send you the Form 1099-R.

Yes partly, do I have to report this lump sum amount, since the Finance Company has taken out withholding and surrender charges at the time of Payout
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies