turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hypehuman
Returning Member

Why was my question "deleted or archived"?

I asked a question a few days ago and bookmarked it. I checked on it the next day, and it had no answers. I checked just now and it says "Sorry, we couldn't find that question. It may have been archived or deleted."

My question revealed a possible TurboTax bug. Is this a coverup, or am I just being paranoid?

I checked my email and there was nothing about an answer, although I do have an email saying that the question was posted.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Most likely it will continue to be archived because it is more than 6 days old, and the filter zaps it after 6 days if there is no official answer in the Answer section..   Can you re-post it?

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would more then happy to help you.
If you have the link to the question still available just post it as a reply and I can unarchive it for you.
hypehuman
Returning Member

Thanks, here's the link! <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4556345">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4556345</a>
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! You should be able to access your question now.
hypehuman
Returning Member

Great, thanks! May I ask why it was archived in the first place? I did not receive any notification to that effect.
hypehuman
Returning Member

And now it's archived/deleted again. Why is this happening? Does my question break some rule? I really need it answered before I purchase TurboTax Self-Employed.

it happens from time to time, nobody really knows why
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This one is likely due to the 6 days with no answer being posted.  It will keep disappearing.

And now when I try to reply to the comments, it says my account is under review for possible ToS violations. I guess I'll wait and see if they say anything about why (they haven't yet).

That's due to the hyperactive spam filter.  If posts happen too frequently in a thread.   Ignore the TOS part.  It's all done by a "robot" thinking frequent posting is spam.

Okay, thanks. I wish they would explain all of these procedures when they carry them out. When they silence me without an explanation, it seems like they're doing it with sinister intent.

If they published the anti-spam filter techniques then spammers could redesign their spam to work around them.  It's hard enough to keep spam out of this forum without helping them.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Most likely it will continue to be archived because it is more than 6 days old, and the filter zaps it after 6 days if there is no official answer in the Answer section..   Can you re-post it?

looks like its been resurrected
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

It's still archived, but we SuperUsers can see it.   I'll post it here, and then user can copy and paste it into a new thread.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies