Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WHY on Doc ID numbers does turbo tax display XXX rather than what is entered?

Entering doc id is hard enough when tubo tax does not allow me to copy and paste the number from the document... BUT then shows XXXX so I cannot see if it is entered correctly and worse when turbo tax tells me invalid after 6 tries and care in Caps and numbers and still won't go through I cannot figure out the problem since all I see are XXXXX.   can you tell I'm frustrated>?>

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You can always go back to the data entry screen for the document in question and edit the the form.  It will show the numbers you are entering.

Sadly your idea is not feasible since if the document id I try to enter is not accepted no form is created.  My issue is I cannot see what is in the box because of the **** and with 0 and O looking similar on some fonts and challenging eyesight, mistakes can be made on the keyboard,.... there is no rationale to have **** when entering the document ID.  or better yet, allow me to copy and paste it in.  The turbo tax allows me to copy and past my account number but not doc id.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies