Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jwwmgw

Why is Sect 1035 Distrib with 1099-R Box1 $33K Box 2 $0.00 and Box 7 as "6" showing as $33K as Retirement income? How to correct?

This is a Life to Life where Distribution of 33,039 was sent directly to the new insurer.  I entered the info from the 1099-R as shown to 

Box 1  Gross Distribution  $33,039           Box 2 Taxable Amount $0.00     

Box  2b Total Distribution           Box 5  $24,808  and 

Box 7 "6 - Section 1035 Exchange.  

The entire $33,039 is included in my Retirement Income

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is Sect 1035 Distrib with 1099-R Box1 $33K Box 2 $0.00 and Box 7 as "6" showing as $33K as Retirement income? How to correct?

Look on the 1040 line 16.   16b (taxable amount) should be zero or blank.  

The income summary screen will show the box 1 amount as income because it is income, but not taxable income.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Look on the 1040 line 16.   16b (taxable amount) should be zero or blank.  

The income summary screen will show the box 1 amount as income because it is income, but not taxable income.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies