Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my spending account where my refunds are to be deposited showing a negative amount from turbo tax making a withdrawal?

Why would a withdrawal be made from TurboTax when my taxes were filed for free?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why is my spending account where my refunds are to be deposited showing a negative amount from turbo tax making a withdrawal?

Are the TT  fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still have to pay the fees.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.

Your question was posted from online Self-Employed, which is not free.    You may have started in the Free Edition, but if you entered self-employment income, you had to upgrade to the paid software, and the screens alerted you to that.  The screens also told you that you you were choosing to pay fees from your refund and you agreed to the terms, so not sure how you could believe you were using "free" software at that point.  Self-Employment income requires you to prepare a Schedule C for your business expenses; you cannot do that using the free software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies