SubiChick

Why is 1099-R for Retirement (Disability) Not Populating in Form 1040, Line 11b?

Have had a 1099-R for Retirement since 2013. Box 2a Taxable Amount always = $0, Box 7 Distribution Code is 3 (Disability). Entered all information as indicated and there is usually a minimal amount in Box 5 Employee Contribution, and always mark "Under minimum retirement age".

For 2019 return, IRS just notified me this income is taxable income (now I owe more), but when I entered the 1099-R Retirement amount I received, it does/or did not populate in Form 1040, line 11b. Why is this?

What year?  If you were under full retirement age then code 3 disability should go up on the Wages line.  Since box 2a was zero you might have needed to leave it blank not enter 0.

SubiChick

This is for 2019 return. I entered it as indicated for form 1099-R (boxes 1-17, where box 7 indicates Distribution Code "3" for disability) and I made sure I marked that I am under retirement age. Is there a glitch in the online system perhaps? By answering the under retirement age, I would think this would automatically push the gross distribution to Form 1040, Line 11b, but it doesn't.

You must leave box 2a blank even if there is a zero on the form especially if box 2b is checked.