Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kguthrie
Returning Member

Why do I get an error when I enter 0 in line 11 of Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet?

I do not want to defer any of my self-employment tax, but I'm not seeing a way to opt out of that.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

Why do I get an error when I enter 0 in line 11 of Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet?

In TurboTax Desktop, step by step, the way to opt out of deferring the self-employment taxes is: 

In Deductions & Credits:

• Scroll to Tax Relief Related to Covid-19
  • Select Self-employment tax deferral
  • Do you want more time to pay self employment taxes?
  • Check the No box to opt out of deferring self employment taxes
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kguthrie
Returning Member

Yes, I did that and still get the error. I was on the phone with someone this morning, and she said there may be a software bug causing this. The issue has been escalated. Thanks for the response, though.

I get this error too.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Try leaving Line 11 blank. 

Click this link for more info on Self Employed Covid Tax Relief. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This worked for me, thank you.

katuradc

I have tried leaving the line blank and then putting "0", but nothing is working. It really won't let me e-file my taxes and this is the first time this has happened. I've been using TurboTax since 2016. It's really frustrating. 

Gina2021

Leaving blank worked for me. Thank you!

Thank you. Deleting the "0" and leaving the line blank, worked for me. I was able to finally e-file without being taken back to the "error"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies