Solved: Why can't I see Roth IRA amount on my 2016 tax return?

Why can't I see Roth IRA amount on my 2016 tax return?

This is the first time I got Roth IRA so I am not sure. I entered the amount while doing my taxes but I don't see the amount on the 1040EZ tax return. Is this normal? Thanks!

Permitted Roth contributions aren't shown on a 1040 form (including 1040EZ). The only times you'd see a form relating to a Roth contribution is if:

a/ The contribution is excessive, and hence you'd be penalized on making it. A contribution could be excessive when a person makes too much money, is filing married filing separately, or doesn't have enough earned income (plus a few other reasons)

b/ There are certain distributions from the Roth

c/ The contribution allows you to receive a Retirement Savings Credit

If you entered the Roth contribution under Deductions and Credits, Turbo Tax would pick up on your possible eligibility for this credit.

But, in short, the reporting of a permitted contribution isn't shown anywhere.

You contributed to a Roth, or took money out? What tax forms or information did you report in Turbo Tax relating to the Roth?

I will contribute to a Roth IRA for 2016 (before April 18). I just entered the amount when the prompt came up. I used the 1040EZ tax form.