Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is area on state form where you enter IRA contribution, I need to amend it. Does contribution to IRA even matter for state taxes?

I amended it on my Federal return, and re-ran my STATE, but I can't tell if what I saw in State was it or not--it just said "retirement contributions" or some such, and the number was lower than what I had changed my Federal to. Maybe it was just FICA and SS and medicare?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Where is area on state form where you enter IRA contribution, I need to amend it. Does contribution to IRA even matter for state taxes?

If you amended your federal return in TurboTax, the IRA would show up on your amended state return as a reduction in Federal income, which will in turn reduce your state income and your state tax.  You shouldn't have to enter anything in the state return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I believe I amended it in Federal AFTER starting state tax return is the problem?  The two forms do not keep "synching", I suspect?  Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies