turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I put 1099 Benefits?

Where do I add the                                                  

Where do I add the 1099 benefits I received?                                                                              

t
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do you mean a 1099G for unemployment?

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure  to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question? When you say 1099 benefits, if you mean from Social Security on Form SSA-1099, then see: Where do I enter an SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM, or SSA-1099-R-OP1?

But, if you mean interest, dividends, or stock trades, then those details are entered in different spots.

Otherwise, @xmasbaby0 is correct. If you are referring to unemployment or paid family leave, see: Where do I report a 1099-G for unemployment or paid family leave?

Each state is taxing or not taxing unemployment benefits as they see fit. TurboTax is up to date on each state. Just enter your details and TurboTax will handle the rest. For more details, see: How is my state taxing unemployment income?

@rebamoody-96

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies