Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I list a distribution that was paid back within 60 days. This is NOT disaster $. Just a distribution that was repaid

I took 2 distributions in 2023.  One was paid back within 60 days.  My 1099R shows the total amount received.   Turbo Tax is not asking me if any of the $ was repaid??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Where do I list a distribution that was paid back within 60 days. This is NOT disaster $. Just a distribution that was repaid

Your post indicates that you are using one of the TurboTax online Live editions.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to contact a Tax Expert when using the Live editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-setup/connect-tax-expert-turbota...

After you enter the 1099R it will ask you some follow up questions.

Pick I moved it to another retirement account even if you put it back into the same account.

Then choose - I did a combination of rolling over, converting or cashing out the money

Did they take any tax withholding out of it?  If they did then did you replace it when you put it back into the account?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies