April 8, 2021 11:21 AM
It depends. The most common uses of the 1099-G is to report unemployment compensation and state or local income tax refunds you received that year.
- If you received unemployment benefits in 2020, contact your state unemployment benefits office for a duplicate or check their website for a download option.
- If you received a state tax refund from 2019 and you prepared your return through TurboTax, you should see this listed under "Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns" on your Income & Expenses screen.
To enter a 1099G into TurboTax, after you have logged in and are in your return:
- Go to Search at the top of the screen.
- Enter Form 1099-G in the search box.
- You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1099-NEC input screens.
- There add the 1099-G.