Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I find the Package ID and Document ID on a 1099R

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karen1209

The Package and Document IDs are not on the 1099-R.

They are usually printed on the cover page of the year-end documents from your brokerage company.

If you did not receive the documents, you may be able to retrieve the IDs from your online brokerage account or by giving them a call.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Karen1209

The Package and Document IDs are not on the 1099-R.

They are usually printed on the cover page of the year-end documents from your brokerage company.

If you did not receive the documents, you may be able to retrieve the IDs from your online brokerage account or by giving them a call.

alyluvenviro
Returning Member

Is there a specific name of these year-end documents? I'm specifically looking for a document ID with massmutual and wasn't sure if different companies would have a different name for it.

How do i get that? My company does bot have any year end documents just the 1099R. like they said above it is not printed on there. So can I not import the info using TurboTax? What good is that. I called the brokerage and they said there is only the 1099R available.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@mschmidtTT If you cannot import your 1099-R, click this link for info on How to Enter a 1099-R

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem this year. I like to know if you solve this problem, and what I can do. thanks 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

@xiaorongliu  Please contact your broker and request the information directly from them.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

then update your worksheets which say: "Document ID (located at the top right of 1099)" so we don't have to wait around for a chat bot!

Love how these guys know we need to do this for our taxes every year but they can't put the number on the form or even make it readily accessible.

And as with every online forum answer I've ever seen, the answer is either too vague or incorrect. Gotta love it.

I called the broker (Vanguard) and was told to contact the IRS 🙄

I pressed further and they tried to give me the payer federal id (which is on the form).  Document id is 11 characters.  Payer federal id including the hyphen is 10.  I kept pointing this out and the rep said this is all I'm authorized to give.  I asked for an on shore representative and was told to call back.  So I said then I call again and get an off shore rep and will be told to call back for a 3rd time?  Response was yes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies