May 31, 2019 8:06 PM
Here's how to enter Form SSA-1099 in TurboTax.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab.
- Click Wages & Income.
- Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
- On the screen "Your 2016 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
- Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)."
- On the next screen, select "Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits" and click Continue.
- On the next screen, "Tell Us About the Benefits You Received," check the box for "Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)," then enter the amounts indicated on the screen. If you are filing a joint return, be sure to enter the amounts in the column for the correct person.