Contributions to a Connecticut 529 plan (CHET) of up to $5,000 per year by an individual, and up to $10,000 per year by a married couple filing jointly, are deductible in computing Connecticut taxable income, with a five-year carryforward of excess contributions.
To enter your 529 contributions on your CT return, please follow these steps:
- Go back into your CT return.
- If you have finished entering information in your return you will see the screen, Your 2017 Connecticut taxes are ready for us to check. [See Screenshot #1]
- Click on the Edit box next to Income.
- If you're still entering information, continue through the screens until you reach Here's the income that Connecticut handles differently
- On the screen, Here's the income that Connecticut handles differently, click on the Start box next to CHET contributions (in the Education section). [Screenshot #2]
- Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"