loom8485

Where do I enter income (1099-R) from my deceased mother’s pension plan? I am her beneficiary, not the owner of the plan.

IreneS

.I am sorry for your loss.

To enter the 1099-R in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).  [See Screenshot #1, below.]
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your1099-R Entries.  Click on the link Add Another 1099-R[Screenshot #2]
  4. If you haven't already entered a 1099-R, you will see the screen, Your1099-R. Click Yes and then Continue.
  5. You can either import your 1099-R or click on the I'll type it in myself box. [Screenshot #3]
  6. If you select to enter the information yourself, continue through the screens, answering the interview questions.

IreneS

.I am sorry for your loss.

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.