turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mikebrignola
Returning Member

Are the 1099's I filled out, printed and mailed to 7 people saved somewhere in my turbotax? I last openened turbotax home and business in January when I printed them.

I filled out and printed these 1099's from the turbotax home and business which I had purchased and loaded onto my laptop in January.  I have not opened the program again until today ( on same computer)...Turbotax did some kind of update and took a little while to open.  Are these 7 1099's saved somewhere in Turbotax. or do I just re-enter the amounts on my Schedule C? I assumed Turbotax was saving all the names , ss numbers and addresses and would automatically file them with my return...I have filed Sched C for many years , but this the first time I had to issue the 1099s since I paid a few people more than $600 each.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are the 1099's I filled out, printed and mailed to 7 people saved somewhere in my turbotax? I last openened turbotax home and business in January when I printed them.

Since you have already filed these 1099s through TurboTax, it won't be necessary for you to re-create it again. Please visit this link: https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/signin.htm and log-in with your TurboTax user access. You will be able to print it out once you gain access.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Since you have already filed these 1099s through TurboTax, it won't be necessary for you to re-create it again. Please visit this link: https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/signin.htm and log-in with your TurboTax user access. You will be able to print it out once you gain access.

AmandaR1

After the deadline for filing 1099s and W-2s, the option moves from the main login screen. When TurboTax first opens (after the updates), select File (in the top left corner) >>> New Tax Return >>> select 1099/W-2

You do need to enter the total amounts from your 1099s as contractor expense, which is listed under your self-employed business. 

The informational returns (1099s/W-2s) are completely separate from your income tax return. You do not need to file them with your income tax return. They are submitted to the IRS separately. If you e-filed, it was taken care of for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

mikebrignola
Returning Member

When I'm entering the 1099 amounts under contract labor on my schedule C, should I list each one individually , by how much I paid each person? or should I list it by each job/gig, I.e., how much i paid in total for contracted labor on a particular date? I had 2 dates in 2017 when I paid people..I issued 1099's to 7 who worked both dates,  and I had about 12 others who only worked one of the dates, and I paid less them each $400 or less..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies