leejd

What do I list when asked "occupation?" I retired in 2015 but now have part time job to supplement my retirement pension and 403b distributions (no benefits w/ PT job).

Am mainly asking about the TurboTax (on-line form) question where it asks  my "occupation." In past years, I listed "retired." But started this new job in 2017.

BMcCalpin

There is no required entry for Occupation in the personal information section. You may enter what you like (like your part-time job or "retired").

The IRS does not validate this field but uses the entries for internal analysis and reporting. 

BMcCalpin