knmcnul

What are the steps to re-characterize a Roth to tradition IRA contribution in Turbotax?

Your response did not answer my question.   I did not do any conversions in 2018.   My financial planner says I need to convert some of my Roth constitutions to traditional IRA.  To determine the amount, I need to re-characterize.  Are you saying I can't do this?

KatrinaB

The tax reform bill of 2017 has eliminated the ability to recharacterize a Roth IRA conversion done in 2018 and onward. However, you can still recharacterize your 2017 Roth IRA conversions up until October 15, 2018. 

KatrinaB

knmcnul

Unsatisfactory answer to my question.  I did not convert to a Roth in 2018.  I need to convert Roth to traditional.  Answer is opposite of what I asked.