Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arjk1272

We received back payment in Nov. 2016 from Soc. Security for my son. The SSA1099 for 2016 and 2017 did not reflect this one time pymt. Does that mean it is not taxable?

The lump sum payment was for the disability I filed for my son that took them 1 1/2 years to process. I filed the SSA 1099 that I received on his behalf but it did not reflect the one time payment. Do I even need to claim my son's income? If I do claim it will it put me in a higher tax bracket? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

We received back payment in Nov. 2016 from Soc. Security for my son. The SSA1099 for 2016 and 2017 did not reflect this one time pymt. Does that mean it is not taxable?

No, if the payment is in your son's name and Social Security number, you do not include it on your tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

No, if the payment is in your son's name and Social Security number, you do not include it on your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies