turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2018: I've entered my RMDs properly. But on the 1040 wks, no amount shows in the box labeled "IRA Distributions." Taxable amt is correct. Is this due to change in 1040?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

2018: I've entered my RMDs properly. But on the 1040 wks, no amount shows in the box labeled "IRA Distributions." Taxable amt is correct. Is this due to change in 1040?

It's all fine then.  Nothing appears on 4a when the taxable amount and gross amount of an IRA distribution are the same.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box checked on your 1099-R and did you check it on the TurboTax screen?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anita01

Was the taxable amount the the same as the total amount?
Anita01

Was the taxable amout on the correct 1040 line?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Only my wife's pension amount show up on Line 4a, but the total of that and my 2 RMDs shows up on Line 4b. The taxable amount is correct.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taxable amount is correct and the same as the total amount. IRA?SEP?SIMPLE boxes checked for my RMDs, not for wife's pension.
Anita01

It's all fine then.  Nothing appears on 4a when the taxable amount and gross amount of an IRA distribution are the same.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies