montegod7ss

Using IRA for first home purchase.

I know I can use my Traditional IRA for closing costs, but can I also use it for inspection and appraisal fees?  Also, can I draw the full $10k into a separate account to pay these fees instead of having to do a draw (which have fees of their own) on every transaction?

Using IRA for first home purchase.

You don't have to withdraw the money for individual expenses or even keep the money in a separate account.  You just need to spend at least as much on "qualified acquisition costs" (closing costs, down payments and other reasonable and ordinary costs of buying a home) as the amount you withdraw.

montegod7ss

Using IRA for first home purchase.

Are inspection and appraisal fees considered reasonable?  Moving expenses?  The code is so vague it makes it hard to figure out exactly how much I can get done under the $10k cap.

Using IRA for first home purchase.

Qualified acquisition costs would include any of the fees that are normally part of the purchase transaction. Things like inspections, mortgage application fee, down payment, other closing costs, escrow account prepaids etc.  Anything that is usual and customary in the real estate market in your area.  Qualified acquisition costs would not include moving expenses.