Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax won't let me edit an imported Form 1099-B. Only allows "Review." How do I get it to allow edits?

Broker mistakenly included in 1099-B non-reportable "Undetermined Term Transactions For Noncovered Tax Lots." These need to be deleted.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Turbotax won't let me edit an imported Form 1099-B. Only allows "Review." How do I get it to allow edits?

You will have to delete the Form 1099-B and enter the information from the form manually.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Drats.

This is TD Ameritrade's fault.

My other broker (Schwab) did not include these non-reportable transactions on their 1099-B's for the exact same securities.

To enter an investment sale from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to investment sales

On the screen Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2020? click on Yes

On the screen OK, what type of investments did you sell? click on Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds and then on Continue

On the next screen click on Continue

On the screen Let's import your tax info Click on I'll type it myself

Thank you!

Those do need to be reported which is why they are imported ... ALL sales must be reported on the return.   If the holding period or cost basis is not determined by the broker then you must enter that information yourself from your own records.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies