turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Roth tracker input "contributions prior to 2016." Do I include the $xxx contribution I made to a Roth in Feb 2016 and filed accordingly for the 2015 tax year?

Roth IRA tracking is a great feature, but its not clear what value should be entered. I cannot find any records of the number pre-populated by TurboTax.  Where did that number come from? Would it or should it include contributions made Jan 1 thru Apr 15 for the prior year?

The window for this entry is editable. Should I add the contribution I made Feb 2016 for the 2015 tax year?  I filed my 2015 taxes stating that contribution.  

Thx

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax Roth tracker input "contributions prior to 2016." Do I include the $xxx contribution I made to a Roth in Feb 2016 and filed accordingly for the 2015 tax year?

Found my own answer looking at subsequent Roth IRA tracker pages.  Adding prior years contributions, then knowing what I filed with TurboTax for 2015 (which included a Feb 2016 contribution) I got the same number populated by TurboTax.  All good...too bad it was not more clear. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Found my own answer looking at subsequent Roth IRA tracker pages.  Adding prior years contributions, then knowing what I filed with TurboTax for 2015 (which included a Feb 2016 contribution) I got the same number populated by TurboTax.  All good...too bad it was not more clear. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies