Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is not letting me e-file because it is believes there is an error in my 401k contributions, it is not taking into account the maximum allowable deduction calc

I keep getting sent back to Line 6a on the Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contribution Worksheet.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbo tax is not letting me e-file because it is believes there is an error in my 401k contributions, it is not taking into account the maximum allowable deduction calc

Did you contribute too much?  You can contribute to a 401K up to the amount of your Net Profit reduced by 1/2 of the SE tax OR to the max contribution allowed for a 401k whichever is Less.  That's all I know.  Maybe someone else has other ideas @dmertz ?

dmertz
Level 15

2021 TurboTax indicating an error on line 6a means that the total of lines 6a, 6b, 7a and 7b exceeds the maximum permissible $19,500.

Are you married ?  If so did you properly indicate who each income item belongs to and who had the 401K/SEP contributions ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies