Solved: Turbo tax asked for my schwab 1099-R. It transferred a/c details from 2015 distribution.. But no 2016 1099-R at Schwab - no distrib in 2016 - . But Turbo kept asking q's.

mtkoren

Turbo tax asked for my schwab 1099-R. It transferred a/c details from 2015 distribution.. But no 2016 1099-R at Schwab - no distrib in 2016 - . But Turbo kept asking q's.

I guess what scared me into wondering what I was missing was that Turbo continued asking q's stating I got a 1099-R even though I didn't and asked provocative sounding  questions like if I got a gift and so on. Felt very strange.

MichaelL1

Just go to the 1099R section and delete it, if there were no distributions from the IRA for 2016.

TurboTax asks about income that was reported on the prior year, just to make sure you are not overlooking anything.

It is a helpful tool, as I get questions about bank account interest that I overlooked and then I check it and report the income.

No worries, it is just ensuring the return is complete and accurate. 

MichaelL1

mtkoren

Yep I deleted the line.