Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When is the end of the reporting period for the 2017 tax return? I received a TSP withdraw in January 2018. Do I report it for my 2017 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When is the end of the reporting period for the 2017 tax return? I received a TSP withdraw in January 2018. Do I report it for my 2017 return?

The tax return year is from Jan 1 to Dec 31.  So it will go on next year’s return.  You will get a 1099R for it.  But if you get a 1099R for 2017 it goes on this return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The tax return year is from Jan 1 to Dec 31.  So it will go on next year’s return.  You will get a 1099R for it.  But if you get a 1099R for 2017 it goes on this return.

Thank you. I checked my TSP and there isn't a 1099R, but TurboTax is having me fill out a 1099R. Did I select something wrong that would make me fill one out?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies