Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ecbricker

The tax payment scheduled via TurboTax did not come out of my bank (no attempt was made). The automatic withdrawal is clearly stated in the instructions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

The tax payment scheduled via TurboTax did not come out of my bank (no attempt was made). The automatic withdrawal is clearly stated in the instructions.

The time of the withdrawal is an estimate. Keep checking. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Is the payment for federal tax or state tax? If state, what state?

Was your e-filed tax return accepted?

What was the scheduled withdrawal date? The IRS is sometimes a couple of days late making the withdrawals. (If they make the withdrawal late, it will still be considered paid on the date that you specified.)

bbrowsr

Both my Federal and State (CA) payments have not been taken. My returns were accepted and the payments were to be deducted on April 13,2024. As of May 5 2024, no payment has been deducted from my bank account. I have used Turbo Tax for several years and this has never happened before. My returns were accepted on 3/20/2024.

@bbrowsr For the federal tax return payment give the IRS a call and speak with an agent.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

@bbrowsr   I would double check the routing number and account number with the bank.  The bank may use a different routing number for deposits and payments.  If the IRS or state couldn't take it out there is interest accumulating so  you need to pay  another way asap. 

I had the same thing happen - I live and filed in PA, did both State and Federal and now I am being penalized. Is there a number I can call Turbotax to get my penalties back ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies