Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The NYS HWB is not state taxed. In state returns, the section under Wage & Retirement adjust. has no START button for the "Military pay...healthcare bonus" subtraction

The NYS Healthcare Worker Bonus is federally taxed but not state taxed. It should be filed as a subtraction (Form IT-225) along with Form-201 for NYS residents (which I am). When I go to the state returns section, there is a chance to add adjustments. I noticed some options do not have a Start button including the "Military pay, NYC benefits withholding, pension exclusion, Health care worker bonus" under the "Wage and retirement adjustments" category. Because of this, it is taxing my bonus. How am I supposed to enter this information so that it doesn't get taxed by the state?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

The NYS HWB is not state taxed. In state returns, the section under Wage & Retirement adjust. has no START button for the "Military pay...healthcare bonus" subtraction

In the NY state interview on the page titled "Changes to Federal Income" you should see the  section "Wage and Retirement adjustments."  The first line reads as you state, "Military pay, NYC benefits withholding, pension exclusion, Health care worker bonus" and does not have a "START" box.  However, at the bottom of the section you should see "Health Care and mental hygiene worker bonus" with a "START" box.  There you should be able to enter the HWB subtraction amount that was entered as taxable in the federal interview. 

If your page does not show this option, you should sign out of your TurboTax account and clear your browser cache and then sign back in to your account.  Many times this clears up any missing information.  Here is a link that may be helpful, if needed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies