turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report income from an estate if I did not receive a K-1? I received a "net share of the state as reflected on the Probate Accounting" last year.

When I contacted the executor, he said the estate would not be issuing K-1 forms because the estate had less than $15 in income in 2018.  I'm not sure how to report what I received, though (It's under $1,000).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 15
Level 15

How do I report income from an estate if I did not receive a K-1? I received a "net share of the state as reflected on the Probate Accounting" last year.

generally cash received  out of the decedent's estate as inheritance is not a taxable item -- you do not need to report anything.  A K-1  is issued only when the Estate has income  on which taxes are to be paid by the inheritors or similar pass through situations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

generally cash received  out of the decedent's estate as inheritance is not a taxable item -- you do not need to report anything.  A K-1  is issued only when the Estate has income  on which taxes are to be paid by the inheritors or similar pass through situations.

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies