Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am currently paying estimated Kentucky State taxes due to Social Security payments. I August, I am taking a distribution from an IRA. How do I update vouchers ?

Do I make new vouchers to state for 1/2 a year, or increase voucher amount for last 2 payments, to cover distribution taxes to state. Already had Federal removed. How is this done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am currently paying estimated Kentucky State taxes due to Social Security payments. I August, I am taking a distribution from an IRA. How do I update vouchers ?

Kentucky is fairly tax-friendly for retirees. It does not tax Social Security income. Other forms of retirement income (pension income, 401(k) or IRA income) are exempt up to a total of $41,110 per person.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Kentucky is fairly tax-friendly for retirees. It does not tax Social Security income. Other forms of retirement income (pension income, 401(k) or IRA income) are exempt up to a total of $41,110 per person.

If I feel that the remaining 2 estimated vouchers aren't necessary, am I required to pay them ?

No you are not.

Thank You So Much! You have been an immense help!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies