Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

boogie324

Tax Payments Worksheet: Line 15-Date filed has an unacceptable value. What do you do if this doesn’t apply to you but they keep asking to enter a date

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Tax Payments Worksheet: Line 15-Date filed has an unacceptable value. What do you do if this doesn’t apply to you but they keep asking to enter a date

TurboTax doesn't know the date return will be filed doesn't apply to you yet. Enter a date when you think you'll file that state's return and TT/State will shut up.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax doesn't know the date return will be filed doesn't apply to you yet. Enter a date when you think you'll file that state's return and TT/State will shut up.

boogie324

I did but it’s still saying unacceptable date
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

It checks for year (must be 2019) and probably month and day as well (can't be yesterday, for example). It has to be in the right format as well: MMDDYYYY

It did not work

You can not file a return in the past.  The date need to be a date that is yet to come

I encountered this same problem with my PA state form.  This is a flaw in the program that you have to override by first clicking on the Forms icon in the upper left corner of Turbo Tax in order to display the Federal and state tax folders.  Then click on the > Pennsylvania Forms to expand the folder. 

Scroll down to the Tax Pymt Wks form and click on it.  In my case, Line 15 was auto-filled with the date 04/15/2020, which was a date that had already had passed.  Under the Edit pull-down menu of Turbotax, click on Override, which will allow you to change this date.  Click and drag across the incorrect date to highlight it and re-type the present or future date when you will file the return.  Hope this helps you.

darbielee

Thank you @casemar05 for the detail about where to find and how to edit this specific form! The TurboTax software kept telling me the date was unacceptable but was buggy and wouldn't let me actually fix it in the wizard. Navigating to it manually and doing the "override" solved the last issue I needed to correct in order to file. I'd have never figured that out otherwise. Thank you!

sorry, I don't see where I pull down the edit pull down tab. this is so frustrating.  

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

As numerous people have questioned this, this is not an unsolvable situation.  As TerryA and casemar05 have shown to previous questioners about this situation, it is solved with a few clicks and dropdown menus.

The following is a screenshot of a PA tax payments worksheet.  It should also serve as a worksheet for most other states.  If you are using TurboTax Desktop, click at the upper right on "Forms" and a list of all forms for your return should appear.

Enter a date on Line 15.  Enter an approximate date you believe you will file the return and that should make the error go away.

This should not be a situation that is faced in TurboTax Online but if it is please return here and let us know so we can help you further.

@JodyP 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies