asussugar

Switched jobs in August. First company had no 401k. In past years I contributed to a regular IRA. New company has 401k and I have contributed. Can I deduct?

Total income is 115K which suggests I can't claim deductions to my regular IRA since I was covered by a plan. I didn't participate much in the plan since it was only for 3 months. It seems I can't take IRA deduction. Is my only option to add to my 401k as last years contributions?

NancyG

401(k)s do not work that way.  You cannot go back and contribute.

You can, however, make a non-deductible IRA contribution or a ROTH IRA contribution.

NancyG