dogmaii

Social Security Tax Liability over first $18000 limit

Question: 

My monthly SS payment will be Estimate $3000 per month which is $36000 a year. I am reading that I will be taxed as income on > $18000, so what is my tax liability and what rate??. So I am guessing $18000 taxable?

I will also be receiving a $750 pension which i plan to deduct $250 to pay taxes, leaving me with $500 extra income.  Does that get added to my SS Income?  and is that taxed on $36000 or added to $18000 SS income that is taxable ?

Is there a product or calculator that can help me??. 

So basic question is:  Will i get taxed on  $18000 SS Income on my yearly SS income of $36000 income or is it another amount??.

Medicare question - my last 2 years of work I will make >$120k so I see from their table I will be paying at least $300 per month in Medicare Costs.  Does the $300 per month REDUCE my taxable SS Income?? 

Thank you 

dogmaii

Any help on this question 

Up to 85% of the SS benefits will be taxable depending on your other income. 

ALL of your income is reported on the income tax return along with all the withholdings.  Then the taxable portion of the SS benefits is calculated. 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-withholding-estimator-helps-retirees-figures-tax-on-social-security...

Medicare question - my last 2 years of work I will make >$120k so I see from their table I will be paying at least $300 per month in Medicare Costs.  Does the $300 per month REDUCE my taxable SS Income??   NO.