turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pderocle

social security tax filing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is your question? "social security tax filing" leaves us to guess as to what you are asking.  

davra66

Can you suggest how to send in quarter estimate taxes to Social Security. 1040ES. Last year I only sent to the Federal Government, quarter taxes, and found out in the new year that I should have paid something to my social security too. Can I send in quarter estimate taxes against my social security tax?

@davra66 wrote:

Can you suggest how to send in quarter estimate taxes to Social Security. 1040ES. Last year I only sent to the Federal Government, quarter taxes, and found out in the new year that I should have paid something to my social security too. Can I send in quarter estimate taxes against my social security tax?

As a self-employed sole proprietor/independent contractor there is no need for you to send SS tax payments to the SSA.  You pay Self Employment taxes on your net profit as reported on your Schedule C.  The SE taxes are the Social Security and Medicare tax payments.  Those payments are reported to the SSA by the IRS when the IRS processes your federal tax return.

SE taxes are shown on the 2019 Schedule SE and on the 2019 Schedule 2 Line 4 which flows to the Form 1040 Line 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies