azearley

Roth IRA Early Withdraw - Do Roth 401K rollover count as contributions

I made a withdrawal from the Roth IRA this year to cover some expenses. I was careful to only take up to my contributions so as to make it not taxable. My questions is does my Roth 401k that I rolled into my Roth IRA a few years ago count as contributions to when asking for Roth IRA Contributions prior to 2015?

dmertz

The amount of your contributions from box 5 of the code B or code H Form 1099-R reporting the distribution from the Roth 401(k) that you rolled over to your Roth IRA did become contribution basis in your Roth IRAs.  You should include this amount.

dmertz