Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dfavorat

Rollover from 401K to an annuity

I made a rollover from a Fidelity Institutional 401K account, into an Athene Annuity in 2016. I didn't receive the form 1099-R from idelity, but pulled it from my account on the web site. I also didn't receive the form 5498 from Athene, to report that it was rolled over into an annuity (also tax-deferred for retirement).  Do I need to report this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, this is a rollover that must be reported even though it is considered income that is not taxable.  Enter the Form 1099-R under Wages & Income (or Personal Income) -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), then answer the follow-up questions.  If the code in box 7 of the Form 1099-R is G, simply indicate that the rollover was not to any type of Roth account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, this is a rollover that must be reported even though it is considered income that is not taxable.  Enter the Form 1099-R under Wages & Income (or Personal Income) -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), then answer the follow-up questions.  If the code in box 7 of the Form 1099-R is G, simply indicate that the rollover was not to any type of Roth account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies