Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

retirement

I just turned 65.  I am not prepared to retire.  I'm on Medicare Plan A and insurance from work.  I have a small personal savings account and a 403B plan I opened last year.  I don't know what to do.

I didn't know this would be public.  I am uncomfortable with that.  I said "Ask the Experts".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Denisev1220
Expert Alumni

retirement

There is no limit to when you choose to retire. Many people wait until they are in their 70s to retire. The longer you wait, the bigger your social security check will be. It is also possible to collect your social security checks and still continue to work. My grandfather collected his checks starting at 65, but didn't retire his roofing business until his late 70s.'I hope this helped. The socialSecurity office can tell you what you will receive each month if you retire now or if you choose to retire at a later age.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

retirement

No one can see your personal information like your name, address, etc. on this forum---unless YOU deliberately post that information.  We see only what you post--nothing more.   You are safe to post a question and wait for someone to reply.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Denisev1220
Expert Alumni

retirement

There is no limit to when you choose to retire. Many people wait until they are in their 70s to retire. The longer you wait, the bigger your social security check will be. It is also possible to collect your social security checks and still continue to work. My grandfather collected his checks starting at 65, but didn't retire his roofing business until his late 70s.'I hope this helped. The socialSecurity office can tell you what you will receive each month if you retire now or if you choose to retire at a later age.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies