turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement application

I will be living in abroad when I am eligible for retirement application, so, do I have to have a :

- health insurance,

- an address in the US,

- a bank account in abroad and receive my benefits to that account,

I will not be working that time so I will not file any tax, is this a problem?


1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement application

Hello, thanks for your questions.  Much of the answers depend on the retirement system you have.

Also, depending on the country you move to.

However, all of yor income is still subject to US taxes. so even if you no longer work, depending on the amount of your pension and social secuirty, you may still need to file income taxes each year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies