Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rastreger

Relocation reimbursement from box 12 code P being added to taxable income

I was reimbursed for all moving expenses by my company and they did a relocation gross up to cover taxes. However, I have an amount in box 12 with code P that I was reimbursed for that was separate from the gross-up. Turbotax is adding this amount to my taxable income, and because it wasn't part of the gross up, no tax assistance was provided by my company for that amount. I am unsure how to fill out the moving expense deduction Form 3903, because I was reimbursed for everything I paid for. The real issue is the code P 'excludable reimbursement' is being included in total income that I'm responsible for. How do I proceed?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

Relocation reimbursement from box 12 code P being added to taxable income

You have to fill out form 3903 to claim the moving deduction to prevent the code P amount from becoming taxable.  Because some many employers reimburse moving expenses that are not tax deductible, the IRS makes you jump thru these hoops to be sure tax is paid on the reimbursement for non deductible stuff.

Type> moving expenses for a job related move <in the find box. Do enter  ONLY the  code P amount when asked if you were reimbursed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies