bcressman57

Received a distribution from a traditional IRA (1099-R), IRS has deemed none of the contributions made were deductible in prior years. How do I report the distribution?

Since my contributions to the IRA were not deductible in the prior years, the distribution should not be a taxable event?  

IsabellaG

Once you enter your 1099-R, follow the screens, and continue past the 1099-R summary page. You will reach a a screen, "Any Nondeductible Contributions to your IRA?" and you'll be able to enter the amount that were deemed nondeductible.

IsabellaG