Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rdbouvier

Where is the place in TurboTax Deluxe to do what if analysis for 2019? I did that last year but can't find it this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where is the place in TurboTax Deluxe to do what if analysis for 2019? I did that last year but can't find it this year.

You will need to switch to Forms Mode to use this worksheet.  In the top left corner of your MAC program, you should see an icon that says Forms - click this icon.  Then, click the option to Open Form and search for "what-if worksheet" under the Form 1040 option.  See attached screenshots for a visual.  This section is commonly used to compare MFS vs MFJ.

Note:  You may also be referring to the Estimated Taxes section where you can add or subtract income and see if you should make estimated tax payments.  If this is what you are really looking for, then you can review that section by following the steps below (or use the search feature and search for "W4")

• Click Federal Taxes
  • Click Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Select Form W4 and Estimated Taxes

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You will need to switch to Forms Mode to use this worksheet.  In the top left corner of your MAC program, you should see an icon that says Forms - click this icon.  Then, click the option to Open Form and search for "what-if worksheet" under the Form 1040 option.  See attached screenshots for a visual.  This section is commonly used to compare MFS vs MFJ.

Note:  You may also be referring to the Estimated Taxes section where you can add or subtract income and see if you should make estimated tax payments.  If this is what you are really looking for, then you can review that section by following the steps below (or use the search feature and search for "W4")

• Click Federal Taxes
  • Click Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Select Form W4 and Estimated Taxes
crlinton

I must be missing something because I don't see the value in the What-If worksheet.  I expected that if I changed a number TurboxTax would recompute the taxes, but it doesn't.  What am I missing?

I am trying to figure the tax implications of making withdrawals from my 401K.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies