Why is my total retirement plan income being taxable in 2018 when in 2017 only 60%of it was taxable?

The taxable portion of your retirement income is on the Form 1099-R that you received in box 2a.  That amount is entered on a Federal Tax Return Form 1040 on Line 4b.

Look at your tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Sorry, your answer didn't help. The taxable amount was not determined on my 1099R

@jerfield wrote:

If there was no amount entered on the Form1099-R box 2a, then the entire amount would be taxable.  

What is the distribution code entered in box 7?  Is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box checked?