turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmucher

Why does it say I deferred some of my social security taxes last year when I did not do that?

i did not defer any social security taxes last year
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Why does it say I deferred some of my social security taxes last year when I did not do that?

If you got the message  "Heads up! You have a W-2C coming" .  This was fixed in the newest release on 2/19/2020.

Only the customers who now legitimately will receive a W-2C will still get the pop up.

A W-2c form is used by the United States Internal Revenue Service for tax filing and reporting services. This form is known as a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did not deferred any social security taxes.  I updated my software on Feb. 21, 2021.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Check your input on the W2 screens.  Social Security taxes in box 4 should 6.2% of Social Security wages listed in box 3.   

OR wait until 26 Feb........ and update again then. 

It is "supposed" to be fixed by then...as long as your box 4 value is in-fact 6.2% of box 3 (in the software)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies