turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will turbo tax State Taxes be updated to exclude penalty for covid relief on 1099?

WI state taxes are including early withdrawal penalty when covid relief says it shouldn't be penalized.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When will turbo tax State Taxes be updated to exclude penalty for covid relief on 1099?

I just copied this straight from the WI site:

Suspension of Retirement Account Early Withdrawal Penalties - Wisconsin

The CARES Act removes the 10% penalty for early withdrawals from retirement accounts for coronavirus-related distributions. The eligible distributions are limited to $100,000 for any taxable year subject to certain requirements. The Wisconsin legislation likewise provides that the state’s early withdrawal penalty will not be charged on such distributions.

thank you for the response!!!! I 100% agree with your response, but the problem is "when will turbo tax be updated so it doesn't penalize WI State taxes and cause an error on WI review when someone meets the covid disaster requirements.  I could update the worksheet to remove the penalty but was hoping turbo tax would get this updated so I wouldn't have to manually update.  So basically wondering will turbo taxes be updated.  Thank you!!!

My guess is that TT is still updating, as several sates recently made similar changes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies