turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rachn12

What if the bank account on my stimulus payment status is the last 4 digits of my social security number?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What if the bank account on my stimulus payment status is the last 4 digits of my social security number?

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/Economic Impact Payment Information

Last updated: Dec. 30 2020 8:12 am

12/30/2020 Update

The IRS has announced that the second round Economic Impact Payments(EIP) are being delivered directly to qualified taxpayers, and the IRS has indicated payments will not be delivered to Refund Transfer banks including Santa Barbara TPG. TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. The eligibility amount and status of your stimulus payment can be found at IRS.gov/coronavirus.

If the IRS indicates funds were sent to TPG those funds will be rejected back to the IRS. The IRS may indicate funds were deposited to an account ending in the last four digits of your Social Security number. For your protection any account that was established at TPG to facilitate processing of your tax refund was closed when you received your original tax refund, and that account no longer exists.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If your stimulus check goes to a wrong or closed account, it will be sent back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jayhustle

i need to know the answer to this as well.  Call my bank and they had no info for me.

@jayhustle wrote:

i need to know the answer to this as well.  Call my bank and they had no info for me.

If the IRS site says your stimulus was deposited into a bank account with the last 4 digits of your SSN, this probably means that the IRS sent your refund to the wrong bank.  That bank will bounce the funds back to the IRS, but because of the short timetable before tax season opens, the IRS won't issue a replacement check.  Instead, you will claim the payment as a rebate on your tax return and it will be added to your refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies