turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sheagwood

It "the following lines of form 1040 have a zero value." Of course they do, I didn't earn income in the US. Why do I have to file by mail? Can I fix this?

It says*
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

It "the following lines of form 1040 have a zero value." Of course they do, I didn't earn income in the US. Why do I have to file by mail? Can I fix this?

Hi Which lines of Form 1040 does it say have zero value?
aei7787

Line 22 - Total income
Line 37 - Adjusted gross income
Line 44 - Tax
Line 55 - Total credits
Line 63 - Total tax
Line 74 - Total payments

I actually put numbers in these fields and it still says i put zero and wont let me file. i made money and it s even showing it listed under my income. i dont get it
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

It is an IRS rule that you cannot e-file a nontaxable tax return.

See this TurboTax FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901497-when-a-tax-return-can-t-be-e-filed-no-matter-what-you-do

did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

@trmbtrmb wrote:

did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

You "resolve" the issue by printing and mailing the zero income tax return because as stated above it cannot be e-filed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies